this project has been quietly going in the background for a couple of months now. the scope of work was to add a frig, dishwasher, sink, wiring and plumbing to the existing bar, and try to make some sense of the blank back wall behind it.
the main part with the flaky paint is old. actually, probably really old. all really rough boards on the inside, hand cut nails and rough construction, mounted on a new, raised up sub base that was added on site by the previous owner/original builder of the house.
what to do, what to do? kind of a jumbled up space.
and what do we do back here?
ok, as usual, we got out the cardboard.
and then change our initial concept after a site consultation about the cardboard with the clients ..
pick some wood and some details,
and have at it. this is where we are as of this weekend .. the back bar part needs a little more refining and some moldings and then a nice rich stain and finish, as well as some bronzy, 'new antique' arch top mirrors and lights. it's gonna be cool when it all comes together.
on the main bar, we first chopped out the existing base and decided where stuff should go ..
made a plan
got some plumbing and wiring in place with the constructive and creative help of gsk climate control and tyler electric.
it weren't easy ...
but all's well that ends well. appliance installation by brook valley appliances of manchester, vermont on thursday, and once we finish the back cabinets and get them in place, we'll be good to go
it was not our first bar rodeo. here and below is one from 2004 at a house at stratton mountain.