trevor and tyler put this one all together today .. the finish came out really nicely,
and though there is a little red spot in the photo above, it is a reflection from
the red walls in the finish room where we take our photos..
it is a dark finish, but not as dark as it looks in the top photo.
the color in the photo above is closer to the real thing.
click the photos to enlarge them ...
origin of the red ( and the black) reflection here .. satin finish ....
below is the table before we disassembled it for finishing ...
we started with an inspiration photo from another client,
and made the two models below to check the proportions in the drawing. we ended up
lightening the cross bars under the base, and minimizing the 'feet'.
the low down view
here we go, laying out the boards for the top ...
gluing them up ...
trevor cuts the shapes for the top on the cnc. he also cuts the apron parts
the same way and and joins them together with small dominoes,
glue, and pocket screws top and bottom ..
sub top and runners visible in this photos,
as well as most of the other parts ...
lastly, the 'arcs' with their flat spots to glue to the central post,
and their dominoes for strength and alignment ..
testing the runners and the fit of the leaf before diassembling for
final sanding, staining and finishing.
good to go .. off to darien where it will hang out with a bed, and a kitchen
table we made for these clients in the past ... it is
always a pleasure to make multiple pieces for the same clients.