Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yo ! Turkeys ! (and other images of spring)

We had these daffodils on the kitchen island a week ago and they gave me the feeling that the weather was about to break ... And it did. We still have snow on the ground but this weekend was 100% sunny and warm. I think I saw 50 degrees on my car thermometer for a minute .. Anyway, it was beautiful and I was lucky to catch some turkeys prowling through the woods a few minutes before I found my first pussywillows ...
Click the pictures to enlarge them
Mr. Turkey above, and his ladies below ... He had a nice beard but he's turned just enough that you can't see it in this picture ...
I think there were 3 or 4 more ladies I cropped out ..
Pussywillows on the porch and 'Cactus Man Goes to the Pyramids' by Jim Parsons, the guy Jim you see working in the shop photos ...
Sunset yesterday ... two months to leaves ...

1 comment:

Mary said...

You've got a great place. Do you know of a good Dorset Holiday Cottages?