Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Animal Rhythms


'Animal Rhythms' floor stand mockup

This coming weekend (September 28th and 29th) is the annual Vermont Fine Furniture and Woodworking Show at the Woodstock High School. This year, in conjunction with the show there will be a furniture design contest at the Forest Festival Weekend at the Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Historic Site in Woodstock. The high school will showcase work by individual Vermont furnituremakers as well as a group Guild of Vermont Furniture Makers booth. There will also be demonsrations and talks by some of the guild members, myself included. I'll be talking about the value of adding personalized inlay to your furniture. I will be exhibiting furniture and a portfolio at the Guild booth as well as at the Design Contest at the Marsh Billings Center. I have enetered one of my lounge chairs and also a sculpture I recently made, 'Animal Rhythms' in the design contest.
Four views ... sunlight and shadows moving. The pieces also swivel on their respective wall brackets.
The sculpture is something I created for Open Studio weekend in May after staring at the unpainted pieces in my office for quite a while. People seem to like it and, while this is the original version, I have made a smaller bedroom size copy for a New York client and recently received an order for an outdoor version in painted steel ... I'll be showing it as a floor mounted piece at the show ... the Guild booth is shown below

..
Click to enlarge ... The wood burnings on the back wall are also mine
One of my lounge chairs

I've sold a bunch of these chairs and have them scatered throughout my office and home. I find them the perfect reading, lounging, meeting and napping and beer drinking chair. We make a solid mahogany version as well as a less expensive composite version.

No comments: