Tuesday, September 29, 2009

David Rasmussen Design ... Bilt Furniture


I saw some interesting woodworking in the last couple of days. Some by David Rasmussen, who worked with us for four years and has been out on his own now for about four years. When David left, he went off to build handicap accessible treehouses with a national group called Forever Young Treehouses. After spending a few years traveling and working with them, he settled in Carbondale, Colorado. He just sent me a link to his recently launched website and I thought I'd share it. He's done some interesting furniture and sculpture work recently, and the treehouses he's worked on are definitely worth a look as an inspiration to reach a little higher ... Check out the treehouses here ...

I also saw some other interesting work by recent graduates of Brown University. Bilt Furniture is a four person design collaborative, some of whom I met at the Woodstock show. They are working with Charles Shackleton on a project at Brown, doing the recycled wood, contemporary furniture for the project, and were visiting with him and taking in the furniture show at Woodstock this past weekend. I really enjoyed talking with them. Their enthusiasm for their work was infectious and inspirational. I wish them the best of luck ...

Check out Bilt Furniture and David's work at the links above .

No comments: