Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust ... Robert Parker

One of my longtime favorite authors has left the building .... Robert Parker has been my go to guy for a relaxing weekend read since my father-in-law introduced me to him about 20 years ago. There was an article in the Boston Globe today detailing his career ... 65 books in 37 years, and, though I haven't read them all, I haven't found a bad one yet ... Snappy dialog, great characters, mostly happy endings, varied subjects and plot lines, easy, relaxing reading ... It's not War and Peace, but that's not what you're looking for on the weekends, is it? If you haven't tried him yet, I'm sure your library has about 20 of his books to choose from ... Any of the Spenser detective series, or the Western, 'Appaloosa' would be a great place to start ..... You can't go wrong ... For a short taste of what you might be in for, click the Robert Parker link above and try 'Author Blog'.

No comments: