Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Cherry Queen Size Bed

We finished the queen bed a couple of weeks ago ... just posting the photos now ..

With the short rails for the studios photo

Before the final hardware ... bolt covers and mattress brackets

4/24 We're underway on a copy of Sheila's bed. Sheila's my neighbor. She called me from her rental house in town after she closed on her new house a few years ago. She liked a bed on my website and wanted to come and talk to me. I gave her directions and she said: 'Nice! I just bought the house across the street.' These clients also found me on the internet and made the trip from Northwestern Massachusetts to check out our work in person. They liked what they saw and now we're making their bed. Will's doing the turnings and Trevor has finished the bolts and joinery and will make up the headboard on Monday ... Should be good to go by the end of next week .. Nice project ... Click the photos to enlarge them ...


CAD Drawing

Will roughing out the turnings with the duplicator

Cleaned up and first coat of varnish so they can be sanded one more time on the lathe. Once we drill them to join them (the 56" posts are too long to turni in one piece) we won't be able to put them back on the lathe accurately, so we do as much to them before then as we can ... saves time in the long run

upside down posts and rails bolted together. If you've been reading my blog lately, you'll notice that the stairs are gone ...

The jig for accurately drilling the bottom posts...

No comments: