Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Tansu Stairs are Done


Well, I was redoing the jobs list on my office bulletin board this morning and the little clipping above was pasted onto the corner of it. I put it there a while back and forgot about it but today, it caught my eye again. So true .... Most every big project takes 'a little longer' than expected and this one was no exception. But, now we're pretty much done. Shipping to Palo Alto has been arranged and all that's left is the shaping of the wall mounted handrail and a little welding on the mounting brackets for it. We had a few 'last details; to work out this week and they are detailed below. There are two other posts to this project .... here ... and here... Great project ....

The finished cabinet ... Click the photos to enlarge them ..

The boys got a little happy as they were about to put together the back cabinets ...

Tricky post moounting details and

tread to riser joinery

Shows the breakdown for shipping

and the skids with wheels we put under the base cabinets

Assembling the back cabinets ... More info on this project here ... and here ...

4 comments:

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

Absolutely gorgeous. You did an amazing job on these stairs. Takes my breath away!

Handi said...

I think you have outdone yourself... Even if I could walk, I don't even think I could bare to walk on them. lol

Awesome work!

handi`

raquel rabbit said...

Can i ask you how much you have charged for this project? we are buying a house in redwood city (very close to palo alto) and we will need to replace the staircase very soon. I wonder how much would cost to have such a beautiful staircase in our new house. can you give me just a ball park idea of the price for stairs + shipping to california?

Kathi said...

This is fantastic!