Saturday, July 3, 2010

mr. oriole feeds the kids

I was having my coffee yesterday morning when Kit said that the baby orioles were on the feeder. I didn't have my tripod at home, but managed to get a couple of decent hand held pictures anyway. This is something I have never seen before and I don't know how long it will go on, but it is a really cool thing to watch. This morning I was prepared, and the light was a little better. They didn't stay long, but I did get a short video that you can see at the link below. Click the pictures to enlarge them ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89oXq5AjUqY
Scene of the action ... I usually have my coffee while sitting on the couch in the foreground with the wide purple arm. To take the pictures yesterday, I rested the camera on the green couch arm and the feeder is about 8 feet from the window in the orange circle ...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh! those are cute and lovely birds. Where did you rent Holidays in Dorset