Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bookends Again

My kind of post ... I just went back to 10/22/07 and did a little cutting and pasting. Same deal this year. The party is on the 13th, 6-8 .. if it's like the last one, it should be good ... This year my bookends above are called 'Identical Twins' ... 2" solid steel on 3/8ths by 2.5" steel.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Dan Mosheim donates bookends to fundraiser at Mark Skinner Library

The Mark Skinner Library in Manchester, Vermont recently asked 25 local artists to donate a pair of bookends for a fundraiser/raffle that will take place on November 10th. Tickets are $5. each, or 5 for $20. Each ticket can be placed in the raffle box for the particular artist's bookends that you'd like to own. Proceeds will benefit the adult collection at the library. Tickets are available at the Mark Skinner Library and at The Northshire Bookstore as well as Factory Point and Chittenden banks. Or, if you're not going to be around, call the library at 802-362-2607. For my bookends, I visited the metal shop and whipped up a pair I called 'Bookends for David Smith' in recycled chestnut and forged and welded steel. I had a blast. The party looks like it might be fun too. See you there.

My 2007 bookends , won in 2007, (fortunately), by my friend Cynthia Murphy
Click the photos to enlarge them ...
Good luck ...

No comments: