Sunday, November 7, 2010

Migration

It's that time again ... The ducks are moving ... I stopped in at my office yesterday morning to send a quick email and when I looked out the window there were 7 or 8 wood ducks on the pond ... Swimming in the sun, diving, preening on the 'perch' we leave there for them ... It was really nice ... I wish I had a better telephoto lens but I'm not a National Geographic photographer so we go with what we have ... Anyway, click the pictures to enlarge them and enjoy my backyard ducks ...
From the back door of my second floor office ... the golf hole off to the left .. this is a vernal (fishless) pool where black spotted salamanders (check them out; they're 6" long) and wood frogs (they sound like ducks) breed. It drains as the leaves come on the trees and fills as they drop ...
We should all be so handsome ...

No comments: