Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Partners Desk Leaves Tomorrow

Well, the house is finally finished and the desk will be on its way to its new home tomorrow. We finished it up a few weeks ago but we were waiting for the carpenters to finish, the hardware to arrive and the ok for delivery. All set now and ready to go except for a small adjustment that I see I need to make to the bottom file drawer face ... It's amazing what you don't see until you look at the photographs closely. Anyway ... no problem we'll take care of it in the morning before the shipper arrives ... A nice use of the 30" wide mahogany boards, if I do say so myself ... Good job boys .... Click the photos to enlarge them ...
Close up of the very nice handmade hardware by Richard Spreda, The Stowe Smith/
Drawers like this on both sides, 3/16ths by 1/2" brass hanging file supports in the bottom drawers. There is also a removable butterfly grommet (not shown in the file) for cord passage to the surge protector in the center below the kneehole ... The cord from that travels between the drawers and plugs into the wall that the desk will be placed up against ... More drawings, comments and construction photos from the original post here ...

2 comments:

Jeff Branch said...

I did the same thing the other day. I was posting a photo to my blog and realized that I needed to sand some mill marks off the edge of a board. The camera doesn't lie!

Matt said...

The desk looks great. Lovely job.
I read the blog once a week and am always delighted to see when there are updates. It's nice to see how you guys work, and what you do differently to us in the UK.
Have a great Christmas and happy new year.
Mattty, Leeds, Uk.