Sunday, March 1, 2009

While I Was Working

Metal drill chip and cherry/walnut edge curl .... Click to the photos to enlarge them

I have always wanted to do a little show of stuff that happens while I'm working ... Not of the stuff I make intentionally, but of the scraps and side effects and by-products of the stuff that I'm making. The unexpected interesting little visual bonuses . Will was planing some edge inlay Friday and handed me a little piece of the shavings that came off the hand plane and it made me think of that show concept again. Somewhere, I have a cardboard box of stuff I've saved, waiting for the show to happen, but today I couldn't find it .... In the meantime, I looked around a bit and there was plenty of items, accumulated over the years, decorations with a story .... Here are a couple of my images, but feel free to send me yours too and we'll see what happens. I think this could be interesting ... Thanks ...

Offcuts of tapered table legs and a bowl on the sawdust shed

The shape over the door of the finishing room is the plywood left after we cut two 32 x 64 1/2 circle mockup parts for a table we were building
The table mockup mentioned above
The bird on the porch ... more scraps from tapered bench legs ...
More to come ...

No comments: