Saturday, August 29, 2009

dorsetcustomfurniture.com


In these economically challenging times it is probably a good idea to spend some time doing a little marketing work. For me that means it's time to update my website for the first time in a while. Faced with that task I reviewed my pictures of new work and realized that, in fact, 'writing my blog' has replaced 'updating my website' pretty much completely. So rather than have all these new pieces at the ends of all my product categories, I decided that it would be easier for website visitors to see our most recent work if I created an entirely new category. It's called 'New Stuff' ... All of the items in that new category have at least one corresponding blog entry. So, for folks who occasionally read my blog, it's a place to see individual items they might have missed and about which they might like to read. My website is sot of a 'picture book' ... little pictures with other captionless little pictures and a little text which give people a rather small idea of what a piece might be like. My blog, on the other hand, has photos that enlarge almost to full screen and detailed, sometimes lengthy descriptions of design background and process photos. I also plan, at some time in the near future to add another new category to my website called 'homeless ideas' which will show pages from my working sketchbooks of ideas that I have explored, but as yet have not built. I have no idea if these efforts will generate any new business but it's an interesting thing to have my new work (and Sam's metalwork) in an easily accesible and linked place. Check it out if you have a minute...Click the photos in this entry to enlarge them ...

Click here for this page ...


Click here for this page ...

And click here for this page ...

1 comment:

Torch02 said...

With that many beautiful and varying pieces, its definitely worth the update. Nothing wrong with promoting your brand!